Do you know how many hours you spend on social media sites every day on…
In the past few years, Pinterest has become social media marketing platform of choice for businesses. Brands have seen in the platform a sure system for connecting with a visually interested online audience for their marketing campaigns. Unfortunately, not many are really doing it the right way.
Simply registering a Pinterest account is not enough. To get the best from your Pinterest marketing strategy you will need to set everything up right from the start. Doing this properly is more likely to help you enjoy marketing success.
Every aspect of your marketing campaign should be well designed and never overlooked. Everything must be as perfect as it can be right from the beginning and all the way to the end.
In this post I want to give you a few tips to help you jumpstart your Pinterest marketing campaign. You may want to take this as a checklist when you’re ready to setup your Pinterest strategy or, if you already have one in place, a guide to redesigning your campaigns.
Recommended: 11 Awesome Pinterest Tools to Boost Your Business Easily!
Pinterest Marketing Checklist
1. Board Creation
Your Pinterest boards should be the “home” of your pins. Remember that houses aren’t synonymous to homes, though. You should effectively choose a category and name for your board in order to make it a perfect home for a specific group of pins.
- Avoid using “Other” as a board category as much as possible because this is too generalized and won’t help with niche marketing.
- Each board must concentrate on a single niche – and no more than that.
- Include at least one keyword in the name of your board and at least two in your board description.
- Choose the best photo to serve as your board cover. Don’t hesitate to replace it when something better comes up.
A Word About Keywords: Think hard and choose wisely among your keywords. These keywords must be frequently used by your target market in their search engine queries as well as their internal searches in Pinterest.
2. Pin Creation or Uploading
Pinning beautiful photos is a sure way of getting repins. Besides, your pins should be able to spark either emotional or mental interest in your target market for them to be repinned and shared with other people.
- Pins must be of excellent quality.
- Aim for 3 x 5 dimensions for your photo – avoid photos that are so wide they require you to scroll horizontally. That will just inconvenience your readers.
- Ordinary photos can be extraordinary with the addition of text or the use of filters.
- Create your own artwork and pin it.
- Make infographics if you aim to educate while marketing. Use visual aids like charts, bar graphs, and diagrams.
- Select photos that favor the most popular trends in your target market.
- Try to aim for your readers to feel a specific emotion when looking at your pin.
3. Pin Description
Similar to how tweets are in Twitter, you also need to work with a maximum limit for the character count of your pin description.
- Keep sentences short.
- Speak the language of your target market.
- Include links, hashtags, and of course the appropriate keywords.
- Be as descriptive as you can.
4. Profile Page Building
Lastly, your Pinterest profile page is also integral to your marketing strategy. A profile page is ideal for building your professional credentials and proving your company’s reliability and trustworthiness.
- Include links to your website, blog, and social media accounts.
- Choose a company logo or product image for your profile photo if you are selling goods online but use your own image if you are selling services.
- Keep it general. There’s no need to force or inveigle people into visiting your site with your profile page. That will come sooner or later as long as you do everything right.
Pinterest like any other online marketing platform needs to be handled right to get the best out of it. Use this Pinterest checklist if you really want to succeed with marketing your business on Pinterest. Taking a look at what is already out there is also a way of knowing what others are doing so you can better plan your strategy.
Hope you make the best of these tips.