Blogging has grown in popularity over the years. In the same vein it has evolved into its own online money making industry over this period of time.
But beyond these changes one thing that has continued to be a surprise to many is the variance in success level among bloggers in different genre.
In this blogging statistic infographic by BlogTyrant.com a whole lot of insights is revealed. Of course, there are various blogging statistics published by different sources yearly but I’m intrigued by this one that I’m sharing it here.
As you read through it I want you to ask yourself a few questions:
1. Where do I stand in all of these as a blogger?
2. Where do I hope to be in the next year with my blog?
3. What one stat can I work on to move my blog to the next level?
Why I want you to ask yourself these questions is because of some of the insights from the survey.
- Over 43.3% of bloggers surveyed listed “Hobby” as the reason for starting their blog(s)! Really? As someone who is always encouraging you to a business and not just a blog, that’s really not what I expected.
- A surprisingly 69.6% are making $0 income from their blogs while about 0.6% are making over 1 million. Wow! Please read that again and see the disparity. But that just correlates well with the fact that a big number only take their blog as a “Hobby”!
- A resounding 69.4% give lack of readers/traffic as their biggest worries compared to security (16.7%) and lack of earnings (54.9%).
- Over 60% have started a blog only to abandon it while 40.7% have been consistent with their commitment to the blogs they started.
Alright, let’s get it on…!
Blogging statistics updated each year can be found here.
Your turn: Will love to have your take in your comments below.