Top 5 Blogging Mistakes that’s Frustrating Your Efforts (and How to Fix Them)

Top 5 Blogging Mistakes that’s Frustrating Your Efforts (and How to Fix Them)

When I started this blog back in 2009 the subject of making money blogging was just at its infancy. A lot of people back then were jumping in and starting their own blogs.

Many of these bloggers became overnight gurus dishing out how to make money blogging tips. Every where you turn there was a blog on how to make money blogging. A lot of times the same tips were just being tweaked and re-posted on different blogs.

On the surface it does appear that most of these bloggers were really making a ton of money from their efforts. However, over the years I have observed a lot of these “guru bloggers” drop by the wayside!

I can attest to this fact because every time I do a general review of this blog I’ve always seen a huge number of broken links. Most of these broken links are mostly from blogs that I have linked to over the years.

But why would someone who have always shown that they are making money from their blogs and have taken it upon themselves to teach others how to make money blogging suddenly abandon their blog?

The answer to that question is not far fetched. The truth is most of those guru bloggers were only putting up a front. While they may appear to be successful on the surface the truth is most of them were making next to nothing from their blogs.

For example, while a recent report indicated that about 67.5% of bloggers blog to make money online only about 5% of bloggers are actually making a full income from their blogs!

This is why a lot of bloggers after struggling for years trying to scrap a living from their blog end up throwing in the trowel. Of course, it’s  frustrating to put in so much and yet get nothing out.

In this post I want to share with you the top five mistakes that I have found, over these years, to be main reason why many bloggers fail. Matter of fact is, if you’re presently struggling with your blog, one of these mistakes might just be the culprit!

Recommended: The Beginners Complete Guide to Making Money Blogging

Why Seemly Hard -Working Bloggers Fail!

Mistake #1: Blogging without a Definite Purpose

How make money blogging

Do you have a purpose for your blog?

What is your motivation for starting the blog?

Do you have a story to tell?

It’s unfortunate that many of the blogs out there are nothing but “just another blog!” From design to content; and tactics, there’s really nothing that separates them from other blogs.

In fact, many of these blogs were started because the blogger was impressed by the results being posted by other probloggers out there.

The truth is, if you want to make money with your blog it is important that you have a definite purpose for the blog. You must be able to answer the question, WHY this blog? Not taking care of this before you start will put a whole lot of boulders on your way. 

So, if you are in this boat right now it’s important that you take some time off and settle this issue. Ask yourself questions like: 

  • Why am I really blogging?
  • I’m I here just to share my thoughts and opinions or to make a living?
  • If I’m here to make money how do I do that?
  • Should I be promoting affiliate products or selling my own product/service?
  • And what do I need to do to accomplish this?

Doing this right now will help you get a clearer picture and the focus of your blog.

Mistake #2: Blogging without a Plan

Not having a blogging plan

It’s unfortunate that many bloggers do not have a plan and worst still they never care to have one.

As the common saying goes, when you fail to plan you’re planning to fail. Unfortunately, not many bloggers who want to make money blogging really care to take this to heart.

I encourage you to read this post on how to set SMART goals for your blog.

Once you have decided on the purpose of your blog, designing a plan on how to achieve that purpose will greatly help on your journey. A blogging plan should answer the question of how you expect to make money with your blog and what you must do to achieve that goal.

Your plan for making money from your blog will determine the type of content you showcase on your blog. It’s definite that a blog that is designed to sell advertising space would be different content-wise from the one that is focused on selling your consulting practice!

Mistake #3: Not Building a List

This is really a big one.

Despite hearing it over and over again that the money is in the lists, many bloggers have not seen the need to start an email list. They are content with just writing content, interacting with other bloggers in the comment section of their blogs and connecting on social media sites.

As much as these things are good, you must know that an email list is your greatest asset when it comes to marketing online. Let no one deceive you with talk about email being a dead online marketing tactic. Indeed, many internet marketers may have put a bad name on this because of their spammy email promotions but don’t let that put you off.

Offering email subscription on your blog is the easiest way of turning your blog into a money making machine. Remember, not everyone who visits your blog will return except you have a system to bring them back. Capturing their contact info and adding them to your email contact list is the best way to do that.

You may have an RSS feed subscription on your blog but that has many limitations which an email list will help you overcome.

Here are some industry recognized autoresponder services that will help you build a list:

  1. GetResponse.com – Widely used by internet marketers
  2. MailerLite.com – High-quality service for an incredibly low price. You can use the system for FREE if you only have 1,000 subscribers or less. (Highly Recommended)
  3. RapidMailer.com – Your best choice if you want to run your own autoresponder. It’s a one-time payment.

Mistake #4: Choosing the Wrong Market

Choosing a blogging niche

I did a post some time ago on spooky business start up tips where I clearly stated that if you start a business just based on what you love without carefully checking for profitability, you’re bound to struggle.

This is more so when blogging to make money!

Of course, it is important that you choose your blog topic based on what you know and you’re interested in as this will help you greatly in writing content and showing your expertise. However, except your desire is to share your thoughts with your family and friends, it is important that you research the profitability of your target niche before you jump in.

That being said, it will be an uphill task if you choose a blogging niche simply because of the money. Focusing only on the money will ultimately lead to frustration.

So, what to do?

Choose your blog niche based on market profitability and your passion.

The good news is, if you know little to nothing about a niche you can spend a few weeks to research the topic online. Doing this will set you on the path of becoming an expert in that field in no distant time.

There are thousands of online tools available that you can use. If you’re already blogging and you discover you are having problems with this, take some time off, do the necessary research and then reposition your blog.

Mistake #5: Not Driving the Right Traffic

I must say that this is one problem that many bloggers are having without really knowing it. Over these years I’ve come across very wonderful and passionate bloggers. From all indications they appear to be doing great with their blogs. Superb blog posts, impressive blog comment sections, social buttons displaying the envious number of shares, etc.

But, when you ask how much they are making from their blogs the responses are a nothing to write about!

Many of these bloggers cover up with things like: blogging is not about making money but connecting with like minds! But I don’t really think these bloggers love working their butts off just because they want to be known as a blogger. Or, do you?

But, what is really the problem here?

It is this: these bloggers are simply driving the wrong type of traffic to their blogs!

Like we have seen above your blog exist for a specific purpose. In the same way, your blog should be targeted at a specific group. If you have clearly defined the purpose of your blog from the beginning knowing your blogs target audience will not be a problem.  And this will determine your promotional tactics.

When you have these sorted out you wouldn’t waste your time running round other blogs, commenting and interacting with other bloggers, except they are your targeted audience.

To drive the right type of traffic to your blog, go where your target audience is and then entice them to your blog. This way monetizing your blog traffic will become easy.

Conclusion

I don’t know which of these blogging mistakes is holding your back from making money with your blog. But the truth is if you will take the time and work on these ones you will soon begin to see a change in your blogging success.

Feel free to share your thoughts on these blogging mistakes in the comments below. Is there any of these mistakes that you are presently making with your blog? Is there any one you will want to add?

Let’s connect in the comments section.

How to Make Money Offline With Your Blogging Skills!

One of the top concerns for us as bloggers is how to monetize our blogs. This is why I’m always researching new ways and ideas to do this. So, if you’re thinking that the online arena has become too crowded for you, no problem. In this post I want to share with you a few ways you can easily make some extra income with your blogging skills, working with offline businesses.

Make Money Offline With Your Blogging Skills?

Now, you may be asking, “Can you really use your blogging skills to make some extra money offline?”

While this might look impracticable, it will interest you to know that I’m actually doing this presently. I run a digital marketing agency where I do most of what I will be showing you here. However, you don’t have to start an agency to start profiting with these ideas. For each of the ideas below I have suggested how you can go about it.

So, if you’re ready let’s get kicking!

How to make your blog more successful

Top 3 Ways to Make Money Offline With Your Blogging Skills

Off-line Strategy #1 – Offer Article Marketing Services To Local Businesses

Many local businesses are realizing that with the internet they can easily acquire targeted customers and clients but very few of them truly know how to go about it. As a blogger, generating traffic online definitely has become an every day thing to you, so why not turn this into an income stream?

Of course, article marketing is a proven method of generating traffic on the net. As a blogger you can easily earn some extra income by offering article marketing services for off-line businesses. What you need to do is seek out these businesses and explain to them the benefits of article marketing. Show them the possible traffic they would receive, the  leads they could generate, the SEO benefits of these articles if they are running a business website, etc.

When compared to freelance article writing online, this is really a lucrative business. As a freelancer an average earning per article is between $-7  but with this service you could charge anywhere from $25-50 per article. The good thing is that those you’ll be rendering this service for would be more than happy when they see the results.

What more, you can also put a twist on this business. Once the results are favorable and you’re getting more clients, you may decide to outsource the article writing part to freelance writers online. Pay them from what you’re receiving and then concentrate on posting the articles to article directories and other methods you have chosen.

Off-line Strategy Offer To Set Up Blogs For Local Businesses

As a blogger you already know the value and benefits of a blog. If you’re able to sell these benefits to offline local businesses you’ll be on your way to making some good money helping them set up their own blogs.

One of the areas you’ll need to focus on when selling this type of service is the benefit of quickly and easily building a brand and establishing expertise through blogs. Even when the local business has no business website, a blog can be used to generate real targeted traffic which could lead to more leads and customers.

Show them how most major companies and multi million dollar businesses are using blogs to market online. This can serve as a great selling point when you’re pitching this service to offline businesses.

NOTE: If you are to go this route it is important to explain what is involved from the on-set. If you set up a blog for someone who has no idea of blogging and you leave them to manage it without proper enlightenment, they may turn around later to accuse you of being a cheat if they are not able to realize the benefits you promised. So putting them through what it takes to make the blog work as expected is important.

how to make your website more effecitive

Off-line Strategy 3 – Offer Facebook Page Creation Services

Facebook is HOT right now! Many offline businesses are already on Facebook. The good news to those of us who have been online and using the internet to make some good money is that, most of these people do not really know the rudiments of using social networking sites like Facebook to promote their businesses.

This is where you can cash in as a blogger!

Making easy cash from offline businesses setting up Facebook business pages is a great potential. Again it all depends on how you’re able to sell the benefits to your potential clients. If the business owner already has a Facebook profile things could be more easier since such a one may already have some knowledge of how to work his way around the Facebook platform. However, you’ll need to emphasize what a Facebook Business Page will do for their business.

Others may already have a fan page but really do not know the nitty gritty of making it work for their benefits. You can offer to create a new one after studying the business and observing some ways to improve on things or redesign what they already have and then put them through what needs to be done.

If you’ve set up a Facebook fan page before you know how easy it is to set up. How many of these do you think you can do in a week? That really depends on how much you’re able to market your services!

Conclusion

There are indeed a lot of blogging income strategies that you can tap into to make money as a blogger. Unfortunately, not many are really looking in the area of these ones. But you can start today. You already have the experience and expertise.

So, why continue to struggle trying to compete with the big guys out there? You know most of what you’re being told about blogging is not really working for the small guys again as it used to.

Think about this…

…you’ve been trying to drive traffic using all the methods you are told to but advertisers don’t want to advertise on your blog because you are not driving the type of traffic the big guns are driving.

…you’ve tried to build a list but over the years you’ve succeeded only to get a few hundred names in that list. Right now you’re fed up with paying the autoresponder fees!

Is it not time therefore that you try something different? Try put these offline blogging income ideas to use today and you will surely thank me later for showing you this!

Will love to hear of your success story once you start making money with these ideas!

Save

Save

Save

Covert Super Affiliate Tactics for Making Money in the Web Hosting Niche Market

Web Hosting Affiliate Profit Tactics

Every potential online business entrepreneur knows the importance of a webhosting company. You need a webhost if you want to market your products/services on the net. This is one reason why the demand for webhosting has continued to grow by the day – because more and more businesses are right now going online. This is indeed a potential market that anyone desiring to make money online cannot ignore.

Of course, with the high demand for webhosting, companies offering hosting services has also grown. Right now there are thousands of such companies, all working to outsmart each other. To do this many of them design different hosting packages that even the smallest, but savvy, online entrepreneur can latch unto to make money.

Getting a Slice of the Lucrative Webhosting Business as an Affiliate

With predictions of ecommerce growing into the multi-million dollar business in the no distant future you may be wondering, how do I get my own slice of the cake?

Of course, you don’t have to be some multibillion dollar company to tap into this goldmine. By simply joining any of these webhosting companies’ affiliate program you can tap in and get your own slice of the cake. Some of these companies you may want to look into include: Hostgator.com, Bluehost.com and Arvixe.com. For more suggestions, do a simple search on google.com.

Besides offering affiliate programs, many of these hosting companies also offer Reseller hosting packages which allows you to build your own webhosting service without worrying about the huge investments involved!

The basic difference between a Reseller account and an affiliate is the fact that as a Reseller you can brand yourself as a hosting company and keep every profit from your business but as an affiliate you are paid a commission for every sale you refer.

In this article my focus is creating an income as an affiliate marketer.  The following are some covert tactics that will help you make some extra income as a webhosting affiliate with as little hassle as possible!

Recommended: Easily Optimize Your Website for Affiliate Marketing Success

3 Simple Webhosting Affiliate Tactics You Can Use Right Now!

1. Choose A Webhosting Company That Meets Your Needs

Before promoting any hosting company it is important that you test and see if what you will be promoting will meet the expectations of your target audience.  As mentioned above the number of webhosting companies to choose from are plenteous. The dividing line however is the quality and value that the company can provide for you.

As a potential affiliate, first choose a few companies. Purchase a hosting package from these ones and try them out. While testing these ones, take some time to check out the hosting features and the support system. Test the customer support for things like: how long it takes for the support team to answer your support ticket; how promptly they answer to your telephone calls and how effective the technical team is when there is a technical issue.

You must understand that support is one of the biggest considerations for people when choosing a web hosting package. And so, doing these checks before opting to promote any webhosting company as an affiliate is very important because at the end you will be able to effectively and confidently effectively recommend the webhost without any qualms.

Once you have find one or two that you are satisfied with, sign up for their affiliate program and move on to the next step.

2. Write A Review Of The Webhosting Company

If you are familiar with the webhosting market you will discover that nearly every one of the companies offer almost the same features and packages. While the prices may differ, most people really do not choose a webhost simply because of the price but because of the features and customer service. This is why most people will readily choose a webhost based on the recommendation of a friend or an acquaintance.

The fact that you have availed yourself of the services of the hosting company and also done your checks using their support system, writing a review of the webhosting company wouldn’t be a problem. For some initial ideas you can turn to the marketing tools offered by the company if there are any.

In writing your review ensure you are as dispassionate as possible. If there are areas you are not satisfied with about the service, do not hesitate to mention them. Highlight why you recommend the hosting company and if available offer discount coupons to those who sign up through your affiliate links. Doing this will greatly increase your CTR.

Related Reading: Simple Strategies to Make Extra Income from Your Blog Using Affiliate Marketing!

3. Put A Footer Link To Your Webhost

Another very simple but powerful way to make some affiliate cash from your webhosting company is to put a “Powered by” or “Site hosted by” link in the footer of your site to the hosting company. This is actually the easiest way of promoting a webhosting affiliate program. Though simple it is all the same very powerful because it gives your site visitors the impression that you are satisfied with your webhost hence your “boldly” recommending them with that link.

Marketing Take Away

It is clear that webhosting will continue to be a lucrative business as long as businesses continue to setup websites for their products and services. To get a slice of this goldmine as an affiliate recommending your favorite web hosting company either through a review or footer link is a guaranteed way to put some extra income in your bank account. So in choosing your hosting company to promote, go for the one that is known for its fantastic customer support. This way you can be sure that your target audience will be satisfied with your recommendations.

Over to you: Are you satisfied with your present hosting company? Can you recommend them as an affiliate? Share your experience with us in your comments below.

How to Cash In On the Billions of Dollars Being Spent On Amazon This Christmas Festive Season!

Make money on Amazon.com this christmas season!
Do you know that the total expenditure for this Christmas 2013 holiday season is predicted to reach in excess of $220 billion?

Now, do you know that a large portion of this money will be be spent on Amazon.com?

Yes, Amazon.com is one of the most trusted brand worldwide. It is the #1 most popular shopping destination on the net. Amazon.com already has millions of loyal customers who spend truckload of cash everyday on this online shopping marketplace.

If you are an affiliate blogger and you desire to make some extra cool cash this Christmas holiday season, then Amazon Associates program is what you should turn to.

Believe it or not many shoppers are already turning to Amazon.com for their Christmas shopping. This is because many people have realized that they can actually do their shopping from the comfort of their own homes and get their purchases shipped to them without any hassles. So, as an affiliate this is a plus for you.

But, how do you lay out your acts to make money with Amazon.com this Christmas 2013?

For some time now I’ve researched and tested different ideas on this. Surprisingly enough, it is not really different from what you have heard over the years. Making money on Amazon or on any other platform online demands having the right product, having a system to sell that product and knowing how to get your product before the right audience! Now, as much as that sounds a lot too simple, only a few are actually making any success with it.

In this post, I want to focus on how to set up a niche blog that will help you cash in on this Christmas season sales. So let’s get started.

Make Money on Amazon This Christmas in 3 Simple Steps!

1. Get Top Selling Christmas Gifts Products on Amazon

Christmas is definitely a time when people love giving gifts to their loved ones. This is therefore the perfect time to set up a niche blog promoting Christmas gifts. The good thing is that getting red hot Christmas gifts on Amazon.com to sell is not really difficult. In fact, Amazon is very much prepared to help us out. Check this page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/holidaytoylist

Right on that page Amazon has listed the top selling, hottest Christmas toys for you. You own part is, knowing how to pick the right ones to promote on your Christmas niche blog.

Here is a simple suggestion on choosing the right Amazon product to promote on your site:

>>> Consider the price – Promote something that can pay you a good commission.

>>> Consider the customer reviews – The more the better.

>>> Consider the demand – Do your market research (a simple keyword research will do). Is there a demand for this?

2. Set up Your Niche Blog

The next step is to set up a niche blog for each gift product that you have chosen from the Amazon list. For this you will need a domain name and webhosting account. If you are going to set up different blogs for each product chosen (which I advocate) then getting a webhost where you can host different domains without any extra cost to you is definitely something you should consider.

Personally, I’m using BlueHost.com. Check it out here.

Now, I’m sure you already know how to set up a blog and so, I’m not going into details about that here.

Online Shopping this christmas seasonHowever, you must understand that for your niche blog to get traction on the search engines, you need to target the right keywords. Yes, optimizing your niche site for the right keywords still matters despite all that has happened as a result of Google’s recent changes. The truth is, optimizing your niche sites for organic traffic is the best thing you can do for your niche sites.

3. Populate Your Niche Blog with 3 Types of Content

From my research and the tests I’ve done so far, you don’t really need much content for your Christmas niche sites to perform wonders. The basic content you need to set up your niche blogs are: a product review page, a features page and six to ten pages of informative articles.

Writing these pages doesn’t have to be a pain either. You can get most of the content idea from the product’s sales page on Amazon.com. Simply read through the product’s description and the customer reviews on the page. Take a few of the points raised and write your own product review. For the features pages, grab a few points from the product features and rewrite them briefly.

Using this method you can easily create the necessary pages for your Christmas gifts niche blog. always remember to include a call to action at the beginning and at the ending of each article.

NOTE: It is important to note that you are not building an authority blog. You may therefore need to take a different approach here.

I’ll suggest you make the home page a static page. Set the product review page as the home page and let the other pages link back to it. If you can get an Amazon specific wordpress theme, that will be a plus for you. If not, a customizable and ad-ready wordpress theme like the ones you will find here, will just be okay.

The purpose of your niche blog is to make you money at the earliest possible time. Christmas is only a few weeks away and there is no better time to get started than now. I hope this few tips will help you get started right away. If you need any further help don’t hesitate to contact me.

Over to You: How are you planning to cash in on this Christmas season as an affiliate marketer? Is Amazon.com one of the places you are looking into? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.

Mobile App Business: Here’s How to Grab A Piece of the Cake Even If You Lack Programming Skills!

If there’s anything that is HOT right now, it is mobile phone apps. A recent research published by Gartner estimates that 103bn mobile apps will be downloaded in 2013 – representing a 59.4% rise on last year’s total!

The report also predicts that global mobile apps revenue will reach $26bn this year – a 44.4% rise against 2012 figures!

These are indeed interesting figures.

But the question is, are you positioning yourself to get a piece of that cake?

Would you be interested in starting a mobile app business that will help you join the league of “creative entrepreneurs” who are making it big with this lucrative venture?

Oh, did I hear you say you lack programming skills and therefore you’re “technically” knocked out of this market?

But what if I tell you that you can start your own mobile app business without any programming skills? Yes, you can actually build a mobile app in just about 12 minutes starting with zero knowledge!

It sounds incredible, right?

Then carefully read every word on this post to discover how you can start your own lucrative mobile app business with this revolutionary app machine (click link to see a video proof – opens in a new page!).

Build a mobile app business with no programming skills

The Essentials for Building a Profitable Mobile App Business

Now, let’s talk about the essentials for building a successful mobile app business.

1. A Creative Sensibility of Public Taste

This is the ability to create mobile apps that have a broad customer appeal. An app may be incredibly appealing from an intellectual perspective but if it has no appeal to the general public it cannot be profitable venture. What you need is the ability to sense what the public wants and creatively put it in their hands and you can do this if you have the right tools to research the market!

2. Excellent Computer Programming Skills

As you do know apps are software designed for mobile devices. To create mobile apps therefore you need the right programming skills. Once you have the idea of what the public wants you will need to write the program that will achieve that purpose. If you lack the right programming language you will either look for someone else to help you create the app of get a tool like the  Innovative App Machine to help you create your mobile apps.

3. Strong Entrepreneurial Skills

If you desire a profitable mobile app business, you must have the basic entrepreneurial skills of marketing and sales. Being creative is not enough. Unfortunately, many who are challenged in this area resort to specializing in developing the apps rather than marketing them. But, there is a drawback to this as these ones are forced to forfeit a huge chunk of the profits. And so, you will need a system that can help you create your own mobile apps and also help you with the marketing aspect of your business if you truly want to maximize your mobile app business potentials.

Making Money With A Mobile Apps

You definitely don’t want to start a business without knowing how you can monetize that business, right? Ok, here are some of the ways mobile apps can be easily monetized:

1. Paid Downloads – Here you place a fixed price on the mobile app and customers buy the app in a simple transaction. Right now, this is the most popular and simplest way of making money through mobile apps.

2. App Sponsorship – Here you simply look for a sponsor who pays for a percentage of the profits for the app. If you are just starting out you may want to consider this option. However, there are some drawbacks to this method for example, the inventor of the app does not receive all of the profits from the app and so if it becomes popular, they will need to forfeit a large amount of the profits.

3. Paid Option – As a mobile app creator you may decide to give out your apps free of charge but also give the customer an option to pay for services within the app. For example, if you build a mobile app that provides weather forecasts, you may decide to provide basic forecasts for free but put a price on more detailed and extensive reports.

This approach is more lucrative for apps that provide a number of different services.

4. Sell Advertisement Spaces – Though this is less popular than other methods yet it can prove profitable if your mobile phone app become very popular. The drawback is that it requires an external company that is willing to advertise on the app. Besides, it means having a large enough space to accommodate the advertisement.

Mobile App Business Takeaway

There’s one secret to building a profitable mobile app business and that is:

“Create mobile apps that are simple to use and that fill a logical void!

Mobile phone apps should provide maximum value for little effort. This is because apps are typically consumed during a very limited amount of leisure time. They are usually a method for passing time rather than the object of actual engagement.”

If you want to create a mobile app business that is outstanding therefore, you need to take this into consideration. Besides, you must ensure that your app is not overly similar to a preexisting app but original to generate that public interest that will make it successful.

For Action Takers:

Starting a profitable mobile app business even when you have no programming skills is possible with the Green App Machine With the Green App Machine you have:

1. A software that automates the building of mobile apps.

2. A Software with an inbuilt keyword research tool to help you build a mobile phone app with the potential of tens of thousands of downloads!

3. A training module with hours of detailed instructional videos and hundreds of pages of comprehensive PDFs that will guide you  on how to actually structure your mobile apps into a profitable business.

4.  A complete business toolkit that gives you access into the Tapgage marketplace where you can actually get paid on a CPM basis for allowing others to serve their own push notifications to all of the people that have installed you app.

5. Etc.

Click here for details and a video proof of how Green App Machine works.

Over to You: What top challenges do you think a mobile app business will face in the market right now? Share your thoughts with us in your comments below.

5 Solid Reasons Why Your Business Can’t Afford NOT to Be Online!

If you say we live in a totally changed world today you are definitely not far from the truth. The advent and popularity of the internet has changed everything in our world – talk of communicating, researching, sharing things/ideas, or even things like booking your flights/train ticket, everything is now being done online. All around the globe, people now spend more time and do more things over the web simply because of the ease and convenience of the internet.

Now, what does this mean for your business?

A lot indeed! If you have a business and you are yet to have a web presence for that business then you are simply sabotaging your own success. This is because the internet is the best medium to promote and market any business in our today’s economy. Research shows that more and more people now turn to online search engines and other online resources for information on their every day needs. Many will readily do a Google search before making a decision to buy a particular product. Just look around you and you will discover that phone books and yellow pages are fast becoming obsolete!

Your business should be onlineIf you want to boost the chances of your business therefore it is important that you get a business website or blog for your business as that will help in having your presence felt over the web. Even if it’s just about showcasing your business contact details or simply having few pages about your business for the modern day consumers who prefer to carry out their research online, the results would surprise you!

The moral of this? You simply cannot keep your business away from the web.

Now, let’s check a few of the reasons for the same as under:

Accessibility 24 x 7

Once you have your business presence over the web, you simply keep your office or store available over the web open for 24 x 7. You may sleep at 10 pm, but your business would be open all the time to cater the online customers coming to you. In this way, you and your business remains accessible all the time, without giving the customer any reason to opt for some other option. Having an online presence in the form of a website or a blog or even via a social media profile would give the customers to inquire or place any order for a particular product or service you are offering. This can therefore reduce the probabilities of customers’ mind getting changed as you are never closed before they get the opportunity to take any action.

Recommended: 8 Reasons Why Blogs Are An Important Part of a Business Website!

Reach Out Further and Much Wider

Having a web presence opens a whole lot of opportunity for you to reach a much wider of potential clients or customers. Without having the online presence you are simply limited to a certain number of customers who come in touch with you in your office or physical store.  However, the moment you go online, your reach becomes beyond the imagination. You are now connected to the entire globe, which means there is no end or physical boundary that comes in your way. Thus people accessing your web can be reached by your business later since you have better technology to find out about them and reach to them.

Get Your Business Rated

There is a proverb; no publicity can be called as a bad publicity, which some people would believe that it is not often true. But by having your company/business reviewed online can prove out to be a proven business booster. As per the Harvard Business School study, there is a tangible amount of boost in revenue whenever any business gets a positive rating over the review sites or blog. The local reviews over the web seem to be playing its part more than the older and traditional methods of building up a good reputation in the market place.

Customer Service Becomes an Easier Task

By getting online and connecting with your customers over the web, things like customer service become a soft nut to crack. You do not require much time or efforts in getting connected with the consumers the best. By having a small list of FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) over the web can really slash down the amount of time you invest about the comment questions to the customers.

Recommended: Why Are You Not Making Money With Your Blog?

Beat the Brick and Mortar Prices

One of the key reasons to make your business online is to beat the prices of your product or services and make them more competitive. Beyond simply having an online presence for your physical store, you can certainly think of skipping the bricks once for all in the favor of the pixels that are significantly very much costly. You can very easily avoid that hefty kind of start up money by keeping your business venture online in a great way. In fact, carrying out business online can really save lots of money owing to the less recurring cost in comparison to the brick and mortar stores.

Final word

Considering the wide range of reasons and benefits you enjoy over the web by having your business online, more and more businesses are treading this path. So, if you are yet to choose this path, think again as no one in this world can afford to be away from the online world considering its huge amount of popularity and easy accessibility.

So, what do you think of businesses having an online presence? Share your thought with us in your comments below.

Why Are You Not Making Money With Your Blog?

Blogging and make money blogging is one topic that is common among bloggers. Unfortunately, despite the much purported big earnings quoted by many bloggers only a few TRULY making anything worthwhile from their blogs!

I’m very much aware that this subject of making money with your blog has been dealt with by different persons; however I still believe that there is something that many are missing out. While many of the posts that discuss this subject want to offer tips on how to make money with your blog, I truly believe that the problem goes far beyond that. Or, if you doubt this, why is that despite the many tips offering ways to make money blogging many bloggers are still struggling to do so?

Don’t you think there is something responsible?

The Slave Mentality and Making Money Blogging!

Don't be slave to your blog!

When hundreds of years ago, well meaning men and women in different countries of the world rose up and advocated for the abolition of slavery, it is clear that they did a good service for humanity.  This is because the evils of slavery go beyond the physical violence.

It has been proven that the damaging psychological effects that the institution of slavery can have on a person far outweigh the physical effects. This can result in mental shackles that only a miracle can bring the desired freedom!

Recommended: Circus Elephants, Distorted Beliefs and Entrepreneurial Success

Now, I believe strongly that the biggest reason why many bloggers are not making money from their blogs is because of their mindset. They are incapacitated in their minds, not knowing what to do and how to go about it and so, have become slaves to their blogs!

Indeed, many are online because they desire freedom – this could be financial freedom, freedom of choice, freedom to do what they want and when they want!  But, think about it, when you slave it all year round on your blog without making anything from it, where is the financial freedom?

Frankly, as a blogger you need mental emancipation if you truly want to achieve your dream of making money blogging. And as Bob Marley put it, “Only you can emancipate yourself from mental slavery!”

You must recognize your blog as a vehicle for achieving your desired freedom.  Spending days and nights pushing out blog posts, engaging with peers, working the social media and at the end have nothing to show for it, is not good enough!

Stop being a slave to your blog!

Recommended: Who Is Setting Your Rules?

So, how can you emancipate yourself from this mental slavery as a blogger?

I have a few suggestions for you:

1.  Stop Treating Your Blog As A Hobby Instead Of A Business!

A business is a business. A hobby is a hobby. They can never be one and the same! Unless, you learn to treat your blog as a business it will continue to run without any monetary value. One thing you must understand is that every business exists to create customers. And so, if your blog is not creating customers then you are heading on the wrong direction. Take a second look at what you are doing on your blog; are you handling it with a business mentality? If not, it is time to do so!

Why you are not making money with your blog!

Recommended: Frankly, Are You Building A Business or a Blog!

2.  You Must Learn To Take Responsibility

One thing that is sure about a slave is the fact that he has no capacity, or better still, he is not allowed to make decisions for himself.  As a blogger you must not allow this to happen to you. When others dictate the direction of your blog, you will find it difficult to achieve your dream of financial freedom with your blog. Many would want to dictate how you must monetize your blog while others would outright frown at you attempting to monetize your blog! But may I say that the onus of making that blog a money earner is on you! Either you’re ready to take up that responsibility or someone else will dictate for you. So, ask yourself again, why did you start that blog in the first place?

Recommended: Are You Responsible?

3. Push for the Right Traffic

Hmm, traffic! What a sweet sound to the ears!

Of course, traffic has been referred to as the holy grail of making money online. But as I have said before on other occasions, the quality of your blog’s traffic matters a lot when it comes to making money blogging.

My good friend Theodore did a post a few days ago where he asked the question:  “Blog Comments Count: Does it Equates to Traffic?” I ask that you go and read it and also look out for my comment on that post!

The question you will want to ask here is how do you drive the right traffic to your blog?

The simply solution is to invest in SEO! I know many bloggers don’t want to hear that word but it is really a big determinant to what you can make from your blog. Apart from getting valuable traffic that are interested in what you are offering on your blog, it will also help advertisers to decide on placing their adverts on your blog. Knowing the basics of SEO is enough as a blogger except you want to offer SEO services.

4. Decide On Something To Sell On Your Blog!

Now, you may be wondering what I mean by this. But think of it, when you look at your blog can you point to any product or service that you are selling? So, what business is out there do you think that does not have a product or service that it is selling?

Of course, you may want to rationalize that you are building the traffic before you know what product or service to offer. But have you thought about it if businesses in the really world first set up their ware houses before thinking of what product or service to sell? Unfortunately, this is one blogging advice we must take with a pint of salt.  Decide on your product or service and build your blog around it! This way you will be able to really have a focus as you move on with your blog.

Recommended: Hey Blogger, What Really is Your Product?

Let me end this post by giving you a classical example of the potential of a typical blog.

In 2005, an American woman started a political blog. Seven years later that blog became so popular that AOL purchased it for a whopping $315 million and added it to its other online blog assets.

That blog? The Huffington Post.

Now, why would AOL dish out such a fortune for a blog?

Three key elements are responsible:

1. Its global influence.

2. Its advertising revenue.

3. Its huge traffic – Huffington Post’s traffic today is measured at over 77 million visitors per month!

So, can you replicate this feat? Whether yes or no, you must understand that your blog influence, its advertising revenue and traffic will determine how much you can make from it.

The point here is that you should work on your blog with the mind of building a business so, whether you are thinking of selling it later on or you just want to make some money from it right now, your dream will be a reality!

Over to You: I’ll love to know what you think of these ideas on making money with your blog. Share your thoughts with us in your comments below.

Save

Making Money Blogging: Career Opportunities in Blogging

A few days ago I wrote a post where I mentioned if you want to make money blogging like the probloggers you need to outsource some of your work. In a way, that post forms the basis for this one.

We must understand that as more  and more people are turning to blogging to make money online and as more of these people are realizing the importance of outsourcing, a new wave of career opportunity is also emerging. This opportunity which has opened new ways of making money blogging, mostly for freelance writers, is what I want to focus on in this article.

There is no doubt that many people are today pushing for their own home based online businesses however, many others would rather trade their writing skills to get a piece of the cake. These are the group of people who, though they can start their own blogs and make money as bloggers, have chosen to work for other bloggers to get a piece of the blogging cake! This group of bloggers can be referred to as career bloggers having taken blogging as a career job.

Indeed this work at home online job opportunity is fast becoming a trend with the popularity of making money blogging.  In this article we want to take a look at issues like finding blogging career opportunities, the benefits accruable from blogging as a career opportunity and how to earn more as a career blogger working for different blogs.

In presenting this information I also have in mind bloggers who have their own blogs but have some business ideas and have decided on earning some money on the side before their blogs are well established. I know many bloggers are doing this even now. You know if your blog is not returning the type of income you desire at the moment you don’t need to worry, you can work as a career blogger for already established blogs for now. Doing this will help you gain more experience and you don’t need to give up your dream of making money online!

How to Find a Blogging Career Opportunity

Indeed, blogging career opportunities have become increasingly popular these days but many writers are not aware of how to find these wonderful opportunities. The first thing you must understand is that these career blogging opportunities may be offered in different forms, for example, ghost writing jobs.  However, whether offered as ghost writing jobs or blog updating positions, finding blogging career opportunities is often very similar to finding any other career opportunities online. Companies or individual bloggers who wants the services of a blogger may post the job opening in places like the work at home income projects board just the same way they would post other openings such as accounting positions or administrative positions. Therefore, any interested writer who desires a position as a blogger for any of these well established blogs should utilize job search websites which they rely on in finding other career opportunities.

Writers who desire a career in blogging can also visit career websites and forums which focus exclusively on careers in blogging. ProBlogger.net is one example that is dedicated exclusively to connecting bloggers with those hiring writers for a particular blog.

Another place where opportunities in blogging can be sourced easily are forums dedicated to bloggers who blog for a living. This can be beneficial because here bloggers are likely to share information regarding the companies for which they work as well as any information they have about companies who are currently looking to hire bloggers.

Why Work As  A Career Blogger?

Many will want to ask, why choose a career in blogging when you can easily start your own blog and work for yourself? Well, the truth is, not every one of us is cut out to be an entrepreneur! Some are better suited working for a salary than venturing out on their own! And to these ones there are many benefits to pursuing a career in blogging. One of these is that they are able to work from home without the usual problems of daily commute. All they need is an internet connection that gives them access to the blogging software so that they can write and upload a blog. In fact, it’s a guaranteed way of earning a living without the usual office politics or having some over-bearing boss standing over you.

A career in blogging can really be of great benefit to writers who wants to make money with their writing skills. It’s a job that allows you to work at your own pace and convenience. Of course, the blogger may be required to upload a new post to the blog according to a regular schedule but the actual writing of the posts can be accomplished when it is convenient for the blogger. The good news is that many blogging software packages allow you to set a specific time for a specific post to be published. It therefore stands that the blogger can write several blog posts at a time and have them publish according to a pre-determined schedule thus freely more time to do other things.

Besides, a career in blogging for those who have just starting out blogging can be a good way of making some side money while waiting for their blogs to pick up. Though this may put more work load on the blogger since s/he will be expected to meet up with the work schedule while also finding time to update his/her own blog, it’s not in any way different from many bloggers who work some part-time job in the real world!

Career Bloggers and the Problem of Time

One of the biggest challenges of career bloggers is finding the time to blog. This is mostly noticeable with career bloggers who are maintaining several blogs or are involved in a current events blog which requires timely and relevant posts of interest to the readers. Though writing blog posts in batches and scheduling them to publish as needed is one way of dealing with this, those who write for blogs relating to current events must be careful to ensure they are publishing topical blog posts. To effectively do this, time should be set aside daily to read current events to derive inspiration and then scheduling time after that to write and publish the blog. For example a blogger with a current events blog might choose to review the previous day’s news first thing in the morning to ensure they are reviewing all of the relevant news from the previous day before writing the blog post.

Final thoughts: A career opportunity in blogging is truly fast becoming another online work at home choice and many smart writers are already making money online with this type of online work at home job. Indeed while many bloggers are struggling trying to build their blogging business those who have taken to career blogging are quickly making the money of their dreams no matter the amount.

It’s your turn: As a blogger would you consider a career opportunity in blogging as an option or would you rather concentrate on building your own blog? Let’s have your say in the comments below.

Six Figure Pro-Blogging Secrets Uncovered!

Make money blogging

Why do a few bloggers make a six figure income from blogging while others struggle trying to earn a few dollars from their blogging activities?

Is there something these six figure income bloggers know and do that sets them apart from other bloggers?

Are there some secrets that the so called probloggers have access to but are hidden from the rest of us or are those six figure income results being reported by these blogging gurus something the rest of us can achieve?

I’m sure you may have asked these or similar questions at one time or the other if you’re one who really wants to make a living online as a blogger.

Over the past couple of years since developing interest in blogging, nay making money blogging, I have always sought to uncover what these six figure bloggers are doing that I’m not doing. You know, sometimes I think I’m a better blogger than most of these blogging celebrities! ?

But frankly, I’m being serious here!

Make Money Blogging Advice Abounds Every Where, But…

As a blogger you definitely have read or heard both newbie and veteran bloggers advice that to make money blogging you need to

>>> choose a niche you’re passionate and knowledgeable about,

>>> write unique and useable content,

>>> post regularly,

>>> market your blog through various ways like blog commenting, article marketing, forum marketing etc.

However, I want to say as much as all these are important and necessary, there is definitely something that is missing in them. Read any blog out there that offer tips on making money blogging and you’ll discover that all of them give this same advice. Everywhere you turn you receive this type of information as the “insider secrets” to making millions as a blogger.

But have you ever asked yourself if you’re not doing these things? If you’re sincere to yourself you must be doing more than enough. But the question is:

>>> why are you not making the type of income these super probloggers are making right now?

>>> Why is everyone not producing the same results if this is all that it takes to make a six figure income blogging?

To really uncover the secrets of these probloggers I’ve being studying this subject of making money with blogs over the past few years and I’ve asked many questions of successful bloggers trying to understand what really made them successful.

From my research and studies I’ve come to realize that making a six figure income blogging is more than just writing and publishing blog posts. Unfortunately, many of those making six figures as bloggers are not very likely to give you their secrets unless of course, if they can sell it to you in an ebook!

But, the truth is if you are serious about making that amount of money and you’re ready to invest in it, chances are you could be a six figure blog marketing guru as well!

The Secret Is Not Really… A Secret!

Ok, I want to say that what I’ve uncovered is not really a secret except you have not taken time to figure this out before now. When I say it’s a secret uncovered, I’m actually using that phrase as a personal experience. Yes, it’s a secret to many of us but for those who have looked carefully at what the probloggers are doing; it is simply an open secret!

So what is this secret?

Please read carefully…

Six Figure Income Blogging Is More Than Likely Not Done With One Single Blog!

In simple terms, you cannot achieve a six figure income running just one blog. It would take many many blogs to create a six figure income! This is the one secret that has set the probloggers from the pack.

The truth is there is so much that one blog can earn for you! You may be the most wonderful blogger out there but if all your labor is focused on just one blog, you might just be working a job and not building an online business.

How To Put This Six Figure Income Blogging Secret To Work

If you are a blogger who is finding it hard to maintain just one blog, your concern may be, how do you expect to run multiple blogs concurrently when running one is already taking much of your time? If this is your concern then the following may be of help. These are some of the things these probloggers are doing that many of us are not doing right now. From my studies if you’ll add these ones to what you’re already doing, you’ll be on your way to making your own six figure income as a blogger very soon.

1. Be an Entrepreneur and Not Just a Blogger

Sometime ago I wrote a blog post on how to build a business and not just a blog. The truth is making a six figure income blogging demands the mindset of an entrepreneur. If you are still seeing yourself as just a blogger you’ll be missing a whole lot of things. I think this blog post by Yaro Starak will give you an idea about what I’m talking about here. The lesson I learnt from that post is simply the fact that you must be an entrepreneur to make the kind of money you desire as a blogger.

2. Develop Systems

The first thing you should do is to document your blogging activities with the mind of developing systems you can put into use at any time. One of the gains of developing systems is that with such systems you’ll be able to accomplish more with less time. With a tested and trusted system you can easily transfer that knowledge to other markets without much stress.

3. Outsource Your Work

If you truly want to make a six figure income as a blogger then outsourcing some work to others is not a bad idea. Doing all of the work yourself is not something that is possible if you want to make that amount of money. Just be sure that you hire those that you can trust and have a great reputation for getting work done on time and accurately. If you’ve developed systems as suggested above outsourcing your work to others will be much easier as you will be able to decide on an outline of what is needed and provide these to the people you’re hiring. This will ensure that your work can be done to specification. For example you may need some persons to set up your blogs others to write the content for the blogs and yet others to market them using social networking sites. Once your systems are in place all these activities will be done with much ease and to specification. The good news is that you can easily find experts on particular markets in places like this one and pay them for the rights to their articles.

Conclusion: I believe making a six figure income with blogs is definitely something you can do as a blogger. The first thing that you would need to do is find profitable markets. Set up multiple blogs in these markets and then get the right people to manage the blogs for you.  Just be sure that you hire those that know what they are doing and are fluent in the language that you are marketing in as well. Someone that speaks and writes poor English will not help your income, but may hurt it if you have English based readers.

Over to you: Do you agree with the points raised in this article? Do you think having the mindset of an entrepreneur can really help you earn more with your blogging activities? I will be glad if you’ll post your comments below. And please you can help spread this article by bookmarking and sharing it using the buttons below!

Is Autoblogging Gradually Becoming The Next Phase of Making Money Blogging?

I don’t know if you’ve noticed it lately. Gradually but steadily it’s taking momentum. It’s becoming the buzz word among bloggers right now. At first, people were against it as, in their reasoning it adds no real value to the conversation since blogging is about conversation. But now every one is turning to it!

Wondering what this is?

Ok, I’m talking about… Autoblogging!

Of course autoblogging is not new among bloggers. But the wave at which it is becoming the in-thing is worth mentioning. The acceptance it has garnered amongst bloggers lately is unprecedented.

Revelations from many top bloggers shows that not a few of them have been involved with setting up automatic blogs at one time or the other. One such revelation has just come from no other person but Jason Potash of www.johnchow.com. In a free report he released recently in partnership with Jason Katzenback, he revealed:

“My business partner, Jason Katzenback and I, started tinkering with autoblogging way back in 2005. Like many internet marketers, we became very intrigued with the blog vending machine concept of setting up 50, 100 or 200 automatic money-makers working for us 24/7.”

Hmm, since 2005? So making money blogging using autoblogs is not something of today. However, what really caught my attention in the report is this statement,

“We have a private network of well over 10,000 autoblogs in dozens of different niche markets!”

Did I hear you say Hmm..?

Then you’re as surprised as I was.. Ten thousand auto blogs in different niche markets!

Frankly, I was not too amazed with all these revelations because I knew many of them were doing things like this while they are presenting us with income reports supposedly coming from their everyday blogs!

But the truth is, though I was not surprised about the fact that they were building niche blogs in different niche markets, (of course, I’ve been doing this too) I never imagined these pro-bloggers getting involved with autoblogging! I never really thought of that considering the reaction of other bloggers whenever the subject of autoblogging was mentioned.

You see, in a guest post I did sometime ago at FamousBloggers.net titled: How To Easily Build Multiple Streams Of Income Using WordPress,” I revealed some strategies for creating niche blogs as multiple income streams. Building static niche blogs using wordpress and setting up automatic wordpress blogs were some of the methods I touched on in that post. But of all these the idea of automatic blogs drew the highest of negetive comments as many were against it.

Now at the time I wrote that post I had never tried anything autoblogging. But some time after doing that post I decided to experiment with the idea! And must say I’ve discovered a lot about that topic. Now there are actually different types of autoblogs. Some are simply worthless as they add no real value to the blogosphere. But there are other ways of setting up autoblogs that are not just RSS aggregators. You can actually have good content posted on your autoblog that Google loves. In fact two of such autoblogs which I set up recently are doing well in the search engines. 

So you see that when many amateur bloggers are ranting against autoblogging and continue to slave it over their regular blogs the probloggers are doing something underground about it!

Jason’s revelations speaks volume of what others are doing. And please note that Jason released that free report as a preparation for a product about autoblogging they will be launching in a few days. Yes, another autoblogging product is hitting the market 🙂

Let’s get this straight…

With the revelations from people like Jason and of course with other autobloging products in the market don’t you think many bloggers would now be considering this “new” way of blogging? I’m sure you already know the answer! In fact many of those who were speaking against it will now have a rethink.

Now I don’t know about you but like I said I’ve been testing the ground about autoblogging for some time now. This is because I’ve discovered they are a good way of easily setting up niche blogs. Of course you may have seen what many people are putting together as autoblogs, but the truth is if you know what to do you can build very profitable niche blogs using autoblogging. This is part of the system that I present in my 7-Part email tutorial:  “How To Easily Create Multiple Streams of Passive Income Online!” You’ll do yourself  a whole lot of good if you’ll signup for it right now!

I must say most of these happenings are not taking me by surprise having taking much time to consider them a long time ago. I know very soon, with many of these products being released into the market, everyone will be rushing into autoblogging as we always see among internet marketers. And very soon that segment will be saturated leaving the late comers to look for the next availabe thing.

I must say the free report titled: “The top 13 Autoblogging Blunders” is something you should also read if you want really want to understand the direction the “make money blogging” current is flowing. Download a free copy by clicking here.
I don’t know if you’ve considered autoblogging at some time in your blogging career. If you have, then now is the time to really get to know what is involved, how it works and of course the right way to go about it. Don’t wait until the market is saturated. Don’t even wait for some magic key that will give you the secret. Niche blogging and autoblogging have one basic idea and that is, to build multiple streams of passive income so that you can achieve more while working less.

As much as I love automation I also love to know what I’m doing. That is why knowing the basics is very important to me. And this is what I laid out in my free tutorial, “How To Easily Create Multiple Streams of Passive Income Online!” If you think this one may be too basic for you then don’t waste another time, go and download Jason’s free report right away.

Ok, so I may tried to convince you that autoblogging is taking the center-stage. But I know you have own opinion. So let’s have you say on this. Have you been autoblogging or you against it? Let’s hear from you.