[Editor’s note: This is post is a guest post reacting to one of my posts…
I’m an entreprenuer blogger and I believe every blogger who desires to make money with thier blogs should pursue blogging with the mind of an entrepreneur!
And talking about blogging for money, many who rush into blogging to make money online because of the ease of starting a blog, soon give up when reality dawn on them. The initial excitement not withstanding.
But that shouldn’t be. There is a path which anyone can follow to be successful on the net. This route requires understanding what you are undertaking, how and where to start; and when to avoid the traps that leads to failure.
I know your aim online is to succeed and attain an appreciable level of profitability. But to achieve this in the midst of the sweeping changes on the net you must be able to apply an action-ready approach. Besides, this action must be thought through and done with direction, method and purpose.
Most of the problem is at the point of starting out when every thing seem so “vague”. But you should know that this is where the phase of learning the “how to” matters most.
Credits: Yuri Arcurs Website
Having observed the trend of things on the net and having learnt my own lessons at the school of hard knocks I put forward the following tips as a guide to those who are just starting out.
1. Learn: A common mistake I see online is that of eager and gullible prospects who desire to build a successful home-based business online. A good number of these never take the time to really learn what it takes to make money online. Enticed with the prospect of big returns for a little effort, they rush online to make their millions. But too bad! They end up with scotched fingers.
If you truly desire success online the first essential is to first be a learner. Now in your learning remember that the internet is constantly changing. So learn not only what works now but what will tomorrow!
2. Plan: Success online is not gotten on a platter of gold. Successful business entrepreneurs know how to plan their work and how to work their plans. Think about the future. What do you want to achieve? How do you expect to get there and when?
Planning to achieve your dreams goes beyond systematic planning and writing down of specific goals. You must be ready to roll up your sleeves and put your shoulder to the wheel. It is a continuous process as new problems are faced and new things are learnt.
3. Be energetic: There is nothing like over night riches on the internet. Yes the time frame of success may be shortened but just like any business, businesses online are built on very substantial energies on the part of their owners.
You must be ready to put in a lot of work and in most cases long hours especially when you’re just starting out. And this you must do with the mind of faith in your self and you work.
4. Be a problem solver: Be on the look out for problems and deal with them promptly. Your business must be aimed at providing solutions to identified problems. Also any problem that will stall your operations must be dealt with alacrity. Be a fire fighter and a crisis manager in your operations.
5. Be flexible: One sure way of succeeding in any business venture is the ability to be flexible and responding quickly to both problems and opportunities. So in your planning and implementation be flexible. Let your business venture be as unstructured and free-form as possible especially when it is still small.
What issues have you encountered in running your business on the net? Are there some tips you will want to add to this list? Let’s hear your take in your comments.