When you talk about blogging these days what comes to mind most times is probloggers. Those who build blogs with the principal purpose of using them as their main business.
However, we must understand that there are other means you can put blogs to in relation to your online business. Even if you are not a professional blogger you can also use a blog to market your home business on the net. Your blog can be a promotional blog for your home business website.
The truth is that a blog can really help to make your website successful. It can give readers information about your product and can also actually be the thing that brings new visitors to your site. It is a business tool that can help you update your site with informative content to keep readers coming back for more.
Here are 6 reasons why you should include a blog in your business website:
1. Installing a blog on your website gives you the ability to add new content to your website on a regular basis. This will help visitors develop trust in your product and your knowledge. If this content is relevant and important to your clients and potential clients it will help to increase the credibility of your business. This improves your chance of adding these readers as future customers. Once they realize that you are providing an informative service to them, they will gain trust in you and your product, thus producing sales in the future.
2. If you’re running a home business website then search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) must be an important issue to you. a blog can really be helpful in these areas. The sure way of getting a higher ranking on the search engines is the inclusion of good content on your website. Using a blog on your website will guarantee a regular supply of optimized content which will keep your site in the top picks. Once the search engines decide that the content is good, unique, and relevant to people, your ratings will improve. These higher rankings will translate into potential customers being able to easily search and find your business and that, in turn, means higher profit for you!
3. Apart from point 2 above a blog integrated with your business website ensures that your website stays fresh on the search engines. Blogs are designed with the ability to ping the most popular search engines each time you make a change to your blog. This is very helpful as it moves your blog up in the ranks of popular websites, making it higher on the list of ones which viewers find first thereby drawing more people to your website.
4. Having your own blog is like having your own personal media forum. It is like owning your own newspaper, radio or television station. This means you have a place to say whatever and whenever you want about your product or service. You do not have to worry about anyone censoring you or twisting your words for personal gain. This will help to increase communication and cut down on time between messages. Whenever communication is increased, it can be assumed that sales, and therefore profit, will be increased as well.
5. Using a blog for marketing your business website will help to make you more educated in your field. This is because you will have to spend some time doing a little research to be able to write interesting blogs. Showing what you know will help you to promote yourself as an expert and will increase reader/customer trust in you and your product. And in today’s economy people will always want to go to the expert for help. So a blog can really be a powerful branding tool.
6. With the popularity of blogs today they are often picked up by other media. This means additional press and free advertisement! Blogs are quoted by other blogs, on websites, and even in print communication such as newspapers and magazines. You can also move into the world of speaking if your blog lends itself to setting you up as an expert.
You can see that adding a blog to your business website is something you should really consider. However, when integrating a blog with your business website, consider your options carefully. You must be prepared to invest a little time up front to create an attractive site that will grab people’s attention, and then you must be willing to take about 20 minutes a day, four or five times a week, to keeping the blog updated. There are a number of ways you can go with blogs, but be sure to use the one that is right for you. Consider your needs and take some time to research your options before making a final selection.